Where are some popular locations on Maui for a Trash The Dress Session?
There are numerous locations on Maui to do a trash the dress session. There is the following ideas:
1. A Waterfall
2. The Beach
3. A Stream such as Iao Valley
4. Upcountry- Lava Tube or a country feild
5. By a Blow Hole
6. Around a cute town Like Paia
7. Your Hotel Pool
8. Surfing with Maui Surfer Girls
9. Stand-up Paddling
10. From a boat or Private Charter
11. A private beach location- call for ideas
Behind The Lens Maui
75 Waiaka Lane
Wailuku, HI 96793
Trash The Dress Tips
- The term “trash” may be misleading, as many dresses only get wet or dirty. A professional cleaning service should restore the dress to brand-new quality, enabling the wearer to then preserve and/or keep the dress, or to donate it to charity.
- Rather than trashing your own wedding dress, consider buying a cheap dress off the rack and trashing that instead. For your husband, you might consider him wearing some less formal clothes of his own. Or, he may just need to plan to rent his suit/tux long enough through the day after your wedding.
- A photographer looking for “best light” will likely suggest late afternoon for a start time–about four or five PM. and or the light of the early am is beautiful. The beaches are less crowded at this time and the lighting is more vibrant and colorful during the morning.
- If you want a bouquet, you could have a new one delivered to you from your florist, could pick up one at a local grocery store (beautiful flowers for a reasonable price!). If your on Maui, try Safeway or Costco for great prices.
- Most brides just do their own hair and make-up. If your going to get all wet, hair and make up might not be important to you. If you want ideas on who the best hair and make up people are on Maui please give me a call for local recommendations. We can have someone with on your whole shoot to do touch ups and make it a real Hollywood photo shoot here on Maui.